This recipe offers another way to enjoy those living foods, use up those carrots from the garden – and also offers an alternative to traditional coleslaw. Try it for your next picnic!
This easy slaw is a sweet alternative to the usual creamy coleslaw recipes, and also changes things up by increasing the carrots and decreasing the cabbage.
- 5 carrots, grated
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup raisins
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 4 Tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- Dash of Celtic or sea salt
- Toss together salad ingredients
- Dissolve the honey in the lemon juice
- Add remaining dressing ingredients and pour over the salad, tossing it thoroughly
*Tastes best if the salad sits for 15 or 20 minutes before eating
Tricia DuSaint, M.S., is an educational psychologist and holistic therapist, a certified Living Foods Instructor and a Steering Committee member of Transition Ozaukee. If you are interested in learning more about Living Foods, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This recipe has been reprinted with permission from the Ozaukee Living Local Newsletter.