As a follow up to the recent article about the benefits of Living Foods, below is a delicious recipe to use for that local corn that is available! It would be a wonderful addition to your next gathering. May you enjoy it in good health!
A fresh corn salad with a bit of a kick that can be made in no time!
- 4 ears corn on the cob or 16 oz frozen corn
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 cup jicama, diced
- 1 handful cilantro or parsley, chopped fine
- ½ to 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 to 2 scallions- diced
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- Juice of one lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Celtic or sea salt, to taste
- Cumin, to taste
- Cayenne, to taste
- Cut corn kernels from cob or thaw corn
- Mix together with rest of salad ingredients
- Whisk or blend salad dressing until creamy
- Pour dressing over salad and mix thoroughly
Tricia DuSaint, M.S., is an educational psychologist and holistic therapist, a certified Living Foods Instructor and a Steering Committee member of Transition Ozaukee. If you are interested in learning more about Living Foods, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This recipe has been reprinted with permission from the Ozaukee Living Local Newsletter.